Over the past few years, Chaos Created has been commissioned to build many St George’s Day themed games and activities for TES iboard.
For 2016, iboard has packaged up some of these games into several packs. Pupils can celebrate the patron saint of England using the non-fiction packs, and stimulate great creative writing with the mythical beasts mini-units.
Our RE/Assembly packs include information books about St George’s life and influence, plus a full assembly script and accompanying slideshow images:
Creative Writing Packs:
This pack contains everything you need for a mini-topic on dragons, including:
• The story of St George and the Dragon, together with a sequencing activity, as a lead-in to the topic
• ‘Friendly dragon’ ideas – use the images and profile sheets to create characters for a Dragon School story
• Vocabulary sheet and writing template to scaffold younger or less able pupils.
Explore some of the many myths and legends built around dragons, sea serpents and beasts then produce non-fiction reports or vibrant pieces of creative writing:
• Look at several legends in our colourful book on mythical beasts from around the world… and the heroes who slayed them
• Discover the main features of this genre, including anthropomorphism• Try the Heroes and Beasts Story Spinner to choose characters for pupils’ tales
• Use our interactive writing template to present creative writing.
St George’s Day is celebrated on 23rd April.